Prompt: Review the Case Study 11.2 related to Gateway International Airport (Bordoloi, pp. 327-331). Gateway International Airport (GIA) has experienced substantial growth in both commercial and general aviation operations during the past several years. (An operation is a landing or takeoff.) Because of the initiation of new commercial service at the airport, which is scheduled for several months in the future,
the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has concluded that the increased operations and associated change in the hourly distribution of takeoffs and landings will require an entirely new work schedule for the current air traffic control (ATC) staff. The FAA feels that GIA might need to hire additional ATC personnel because the present staff of five probably will not be enough to handle the expected demand.
Review the Case Study and answer the following questions in Case Study format (https://essaypro.com/blog/case-study);
1. Assume that you are the assistant to the manager for operations at the FAA. Use the techniques of work shift scheduling to analyze the total workforce requirements and days-off schedule. For the primary analysis, assume that:
a. Operator requirements will be based on a shift profile of demand (i.e., 8 hours).
b. There will be exactly three separate shifts each day, with no overlapping shifts.
c. The distribution of hourly demand in Figure 11.14 is constant for each day of the week, but the levels of hourly demand vary during the
week, as shown in Figure 11.15.
2. Based on your primary analysis, discuss the potential implications for workforce requirements and days-off scheduling if assumptions a and b above are relaxed so that the analysis can be based on hourly demand without the constraints of a preset number of shifts and no overlapping of shifts. In other words, discuss the effects of analyzing hourly demand requirements based on
each ATC position essentially having its own shift, which can overlap with
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25