Work 2: Rogerian Argument Purpose The purpose of work 2 is to construct a Rogerian Argument. Students will use research skills and rhetorical analysis to investigate conflicting viewpoints on an issue with state or national impact. By addressing conflicting viewpoints fairly, accurately, and empathetically, the result of a Rogerian argument is a compromise-based solution that reduces the conflict and resolves at least part of the issue. Rogerian argument skills can be used in academic writing, interpersonal communications, and professional environments. Requirements The work should include the following: • MLA Format • 3 – 4 pages (double spaced), not including the Works Cited page • In-text citations in the body of the work • Works Cited page with your credible sources • Minimum of 4 sources Tasks To complete this assignment, you should:
• Utilize Invention Techniques: Before writing the work, begin identifying your issue through a series of invention techniques, including but not limited to the following: brainstorming, listing, clustering, questioning, and conducting preliminary research. • Plan and organize your work: After the invention process, it is important to begin planning the organizational pattern for the work. Planning includes gathering and evaluating sources, identifying your thesis, establishing main ideas (or topic sentences) for each paragraph, supporting each paragraph with appropriate evidence, and creating ideas for the introductory and concluding paragraphs. Follow the Method of Organization provided above. • Draft and revise your work: Once you have completed the planning process, write a rough draft of your work. Next, take steps necessary to improve, polish, and revise your draft before turning it in for a final grade. The revision process includes developing ideas, ensuring the thesisstatement Grades for this work 25% Of the overall grade for the course AEH Division 2 connects to the main ideas of each paragraph, taking account of your evidence and supporting details, checking for proper use of MLA citation style, reviewing source integration, avoiding plagiarism, and proofreading for formatting and grammatical errors. • Submit a polished, academic level work • Grades for this work 250 points; 25% of the overall grade for the course Method of Organization for the Assignment • An introduction paragraph that provides history and context for the issue and provides an overview of the controversy surrounding it. • A body paragraph that accurately and objectively explains the viewpoint of SideA. • A body paragraph that empathetically validates strong aspects of the viewpoint of SideA. • A body paragraph that accurately and objectively explains the viewpoint of SideB. • A body paragraph that fairly explains the validity and preferability of Side B. • One or more body paragraphs to achieve the following: concede the imperfection of Side B; identify aspect(s) of Side B that benefit both sides; propose a productive and feasible compromise based on common goals or values. • A conclusion paragraph that concisely reviews the strongest points of both sides, identifies common goals and/or values, and reminds both sides that the proposed compromise satisfies at least part of the common goal. Writing Prompt & Rhetorical Situation Use the same topic you wrote about for your Classical Argument work With an objective mindset, your assignment is to consider the goals and values of at least two viewpoints on the topic by conducting further research. Your research should focus on the state- or national-level impact of the issue. This activity will help you develop a holistic understanding of the issue and the source of the conflict between viewpoints. Your goal in the work is to objectively describe multiple viewpoints on the topic, then to present a feasible solution or compromise that helps to reduce the conflict and moves towards a resolution of the issue. Be sure to follow the Method of Organization shown above. Criteria for Success A summary of the grading criteria for this assignment are as follows. For detailed criteria, see the assignment rubric. Category Description Points Mechanics Students will communicate using academic language and conventions of Standard American English. 30 Formatting Students will format an work utilizing MLA style formatting. 20 Works Cited Students will create a works cited page utilizing MLA style guidelines. 20 In-text Citations Students will utilize MLA style citations and format. 20 Critical Thinking Students will demonstrate the ability to think critically: to analyze, critique and draw reasoned conclusions. 40 Integrate Evidence Students will gather and integrate credible evidence from a variety of sources. 35 Organization Students will present information in a unified and coherent manner. 45 Content and Analysis Students will write an work that responds to all parts of the prompt. 40 Total 250 pts.
Use the information above and write complete work on Rogerian Argument 3 pages excluding work cited in MLA format i need it in 8 hours.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25