The Assignment: Negative Sentences Turned Positive and Positive Teachable Moments:
Please take the following ten negative sentences and rewrite them to make them much more positive. They are a great collection of sentences I found in a textbook.
The author stated that these are sentences you should never say to your children. I want the same message or a similar message said in a positive, encouraging way. You will need to find a positive way to respond to the child. That means: no negative words, no threats, no "I" (poor me) statements about yourself, no criticism, no bringing up old fights. Absolutely no mention of other siblings in the family, for that creates resentment.
You are welcome, and seriously encouraged to get help with this assignment. That means, asking for advice from friends, spouses, siblings, parents, grandparents, relatives, co-workers, anyone! Teens are especially good at recognizing negative words and ideas; enlist their help! This is a group project. This looks easy, but it is not. I will be grading them very stringently.
This assignment is worth 10 points or ten per cent of your grade in the course.
Some hints: Again! This assignment looks easy, but it is NOT! Please ask help from your children, from teens, from relatives, co-workers, etc. If you receive a grade below 7.5, you will be able to do over again the sentences that lost points.
Important: Please collect advice from everyone on these. Teens often to the best job of identifying negativity, and so do children. Good luck!
Here are the Negative Sentences:
You are to compose and turn in the completely rewritten, positive versions of these. If you think the sentence is just terrible, you should change the content enough to make it a sentence that is positive and encouraging.
1. "Look at the dirty footprints you put on my clean kitchen floor. You never consider how hard I work."
2. "You are the sloppiest person. Just look at your room!"
3. "If you don't start doing your share around here, I'm going to cut your allowance."
4. "Take the garbage out this minute and no back talk, young man."
5. "Now, do you think that was a nice thing to say about your friend? You should learn to treat your friends the way you want to be treated."
6. "Don't step off the sidewalk. You'll get hit by a car."
7. "Why are you doing this to me, hard as I work?"
8. "Why can't you try as hard in school as your sister does?"
9. "You knew you had to get up early, but you were so smart and stayed up until midnight."
10. "If you continue in the same manner, you'll never amount to anything."
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25